Every parent’s worst nightmare is not being able to keep vigilance over their kids all the times. The reasons could vary from the kids being out in the school or both the parents working, and have limited control over their child monitoring process. In such cases, it is best that the kids need to be armed with a device that can keep the communication channels open at all times.
The device ensures that the parents can reach their kids and know about their whereabouts at any time they feel the need to do so. Though many devices have been made available, nothing can beat the humble phone. Yes, cellphones can prove the best medium to interact with their kids during school times or when they are not around the parents.
Now with a plethora of phones been made available, it could prove quite a daunting task to choose something apt for your kid. Parents should keep in mind to select a phone that is not expensive, reliable water resistant and possibly a one-touch activate the mechanism which proves user-friendly for kids to handle. Parents should buy basic study model phones because their kids are attending elementary schools.
We take the task of simplifying your search in zeroing the ideal phones that you can consider buying for your kids. In our humble quest for the answers, we systematically categorize phones and present to you some of the phones that could prove ideal and beneficial bot the in terms of economics and usage that you could present to your kids.
Best Basic Phones For Kids and Teens
Choosing the Safest and Efficient Smartphone – Phones for 8 Years and Younger
1. Themoemoe Kids Smartwatch Phone
Made available in smart blue and radiant pink, the smartwatch is made especially for kids so that they can use it even when they are doing strenuous activities ensuring that the phone does not get damaged. The IP67 watch is waterproof and shockproof. The kids can now be carefree while playing in the water or when having a fall. The smartphone can take it all.
The phone is equipped with AGPS+LBS; this provides the capability for parents to track their children when they are out. When in distress, the kids can press the SOS key for 3 seconds to circularly call three pre-installed family numbers for help. Alternatively, there are two-way call, SOS emergency call, phone book, alarm clock camera, and games, making it a well-rounded watch.
Features of the Smartphone
- An anti-shock proof phone. Kids can now use the environment shockproof phone without worrying about the discomfort of wearing it on a wrist.
- Easy to operate. It supports 2G SIM card.
- Provided with the IP67 feature that makes it waterproof.
- Comes with a varied functionality that ranges from Two-way call, SOS emergency call, Phone book, alarm clock, camera, and games.
2. VTech KidiBuzz
If you prefer to give a handheld device for the kid, then it would be highly recommended that you consider giving the VTech Kidibuzz to your kid. Sleek in looks and robustly built, the smartphone comes with a range of functions. Your kid can now send texts, voice messages, photos, drawings and animated stickers over Wi-Fi to their parents.
Parents can also create an approved list of contacts that can let kids practice safe online interactions. Educational games such as math, spelling, science, problem-solving, inculcate learning on the go. The multimedia phone comes with a 180-degree rotating camera for taking selfies and videos.
Features of the VTech KidiBuzz
- Includes kid-safe web browser that blocks access to inappropriate content and it lets kid browse only permissible content.
- Preloaded educational games that proves beneficial for the kids to learn as well as enjoy.
- Features a 180-degree rotating camera for clicking pictures and videos.
- User can send photos, texts, voice messages, drawings and animated stickers over Wi-Fi to their parents. The communication is also made applicable to an approved list of contacts to practice safe online interactions.
3. NOKIA 3310 3G TA-1036
Reviving the classic and the good old glory days of communication is the Nokia 3310 3G. If you have clarity of giving your child a phone that is devoid of any fancy feature jargons, then you cannot beat the Nokia 3310. It is a simple basic call and text device. Other than that it just has an added feature of a rear camera and can play music. Weighing only 1.6 ounces, it is an extremely light phone easy to carry and rugged.
Features of the Nokia 3310 3G TA-1036
- Old school classic revisited with an additional twist.
- It comes with a battery of color options and a bespoke User Interface (UI).
- The new addition of a 2MP camera, music player, Bluetooth, FM radio, space for a Micro SD Card and a headphone jack.
- Long extended battery life.
Increasing the Playing Field – Phones for Ages 9 to 13 years
4. Motorola Moto G7 Power
For kids who have graduated from elementary school and hold a sense of responsibility, parents can consider giving their kids the Moto G7 Power. Being the current budget phone in the market with numerous features, it will hardly burn a hole in your pocket. Coming with a 6.2-inch display size screen, it shows crystal clear visuals.
It has a healthy 2GB storage capacity and has a 4G wireless technology to ensure seamless flow of internet connectivity. Finally, with a 5000 maH powered battery, you can have a 60-hour power backup without worrying about the phone shutting down. Curious to know more about the phone?
Features of the Motorola Moto G7 Power
- Inclusive of a fingerprint reader to give maximum protection to the phone’s sensitive data.
- Quick responsive performance due to the octa-core processor and 4 GB memory capacity.
- The Phones features a front and rear end camera of 12 MP and an 8 MP respectively giving some great videos and photos.
5. LG X Venture H700
Hyperactive kids need to have an accident-proof phone. LG X Venture offers exactly what you want. Built as a military-grade shock resistant device, it is well protected from dust and water. This proves beneficial for kids who constantly play sports while having the phone in their pockets. The phone has a reasonably sized screen that comes with a 5.2″ Full HD Display.
Being a rugged body, it comes with great features such as a 16 MP Rear-Facing and 5 MP Wide-Angle Front-Facing Camera. Weighing a mere 6 ounces, the phone is lightweight and easy to carry in one’s pocket. It serves as an excellent communication device for the child and their parents. Parents can now keep track of the kids, whether at school or outdoors through the multiple features the phone has in the offer.
Features of LG X Venture H700
- Encapsulates a 16 MP rear and 5 MP front camera to capture some excellent photos and videos.
- Built as a military grade shock resistant device to protect the device from any water and dust
- The display is a 5.2″ Full HD screen with Glove Mode that makes viewing the content on screen pleasurable and makes sure that touch screen responds accurately when you’re wearing gloves.
- Has an Android Operating software that also includes a Bluetooth 4.2 version A2DP to make ease of connectivity to other devices.
As a parent, it is up to you to proactively scavenge through a batter of phones available in the market. To select upon a phone, you will first need to understand what type of phone is best suited for your kids and what is the kind of budget you would like to splurge. Remember, it is best to avoid any fancy phones that will take away the main objective or purpose and that is to use the device to act as a mode of a monitoring system.
That being said, you could always look up at varying options as the markets constantly keep bringing up new and reasonable phones. So, what are you waiting for? Arm your child with a great security feature through purchasing the best basic phone mentioned above and have a control free monitoring process within your reach!