If you are fond of traveling, the smartphone is one of the prominent devices you will carry. Not only an option to keep in touch with your loved ones, but it also doubles up and replaces most of the other devices you have been carrying on your travel so far. It helps you take notes, take those snaps of the places you are visiting, a readymade guide to find routes, a flashlight – you name it, and the device has it. So, which smartphones would we recommend for your itinerary? Here is the top ten list we would love to share with you.
Best Travel Smartphones in 2019
Here is our carefully crafted list of ten best smartphones for travel you can buy in 2019. We will include the smartphones across a variety of price range so that you can select the one which suits your budget.
1. Motorola Moto G6 – Buy Now
Motorola has always been one of the most preferred affordable smartphones with an excellent set of features. The latest flagship, the Moto G6 is not an exception either. Thought he G6 range has several variants, the Moto G6 has been the best for travelers.
Some of the features we found interesting are-
- In spite of being a cheaper device, it is done with complete glass.
- It is powered by Snapdragon 450 processor and offers you a 32 GB storage and 3 GB RAM
- You also have a storage expansion through the microSD card slot.
- The 5.7” display with 18:9 aspect ratio should ideally make it a preferred choice for an immersive experience.
- The 3000 mAh battery keeps you on for prolonged hours while you travel.
Want to give it a try? You can check it out at this link on Amazon.
2. Asus Zenfone Max 4 – Buy Now
It does not come with any excellent features. Why is it included here then? Well, travelers need a robust battery performance, and this is one phone that delivers in this front. It is much affordable and offers you a camera that is quite satisfactory.
The reasons for including the phone in our compilation are-
- A good dual camera setup that lives up to the expectation. You have access to wide angle lens for those versatile shots.
- The expandable storage option offers you a good deal of advantage over the insufficient onboard storage.
- The phone comes with a faster charging and a huge battery backup.
- Dual SIM feature can be helpful if you are using any international SIM while on travel.
If you think those features impress you enough, why not check it out on Amazon?
3. Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus – Buy Now
Designed to be a lower priced version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, it can be one of the best options provided you are looking for budget travel smartphone. The camera is what Samsung has designed as one of the most robust features on this device. Just shoot like a Pro with the device.
Some salient features which we found very interesting are as follows-
- A brilliant low light photography with the dual aperture that lets more light inside.
- The infinity display offers you an excellent immersive experience while viewing your photos or videos.
- Water resistance features should make it a great choice for you to enjoy your holidays with abandon — astonishing and clear sound performance.
In case you are thinking of giving it a try, you may check it out here on Amazon.
4. LG V30 – Buy Now
It offers you a host of features that you would want for a travel purpose. It offers you an excellent camera, a capable processor and an excellent battery backup. The realistic phone that indeed lives up to the expectations – it is a great choice for all your needs.
Here are a few impressive features of this phone –
- Enormous storage coupled with the free earbuds from LG – it is a real value for money
- The display technology from LG has won accolades and awards, offering you brilliant color and contrast.
- The IP 68 water resistance should make it a great choice for the travel moments.
- The wide-angle camera lets you create masterpieces while you explore those hidden treasures
- An excellent audio quality – a trademark of LG.
In case the smartphone impresses you, you can get more information on Amazon.
5. Honor 7X – Buy Now
Honor, a sub-brand of Huawei has been making inroads into the best smartphone category. It offers you a premium look with the all-metal design – something quite uncommon for a budget level device. It is a decent mid-range option with its excellent features and capabilities.
What makes it be on this list? Well, these are the reasons –
- The 18:9 ratio with the 6-inch display should provide you with a great choice for that immersive experience.
- You have access to expandable storage so that you will never fall short of storage while on your tour.
- The cameras perform well in good lighting conditions.
Impressed? You can check this travel smartphone on Amazon by clicking here.
6. Apple iPhone SE – Buy Now
The Apple iPhones are never inexpensive, but the iPhone SE is perhaps one of the exceptions for your traveling pleasure. Well, the design may not be something that you will be comfortable within 2019, but still, the features and functionalities should make it a great choice. It is a solid performer and a rare budget option for all your needs.
What makes it a worthy option among the other travel smartphones listed in this article? Here are the reasons –
- At 4 inch screen, it is one of the most powerful options you can go with.
- Though it may appear out of place among the larger devices, it is one of those powerful smartphones that fit into a pocket, are the best for those with small hands.
- It runs faster with its iOS 11 operating system.
- The camera is the strong points of this device. This will make it an excellent choice for your travel plans.
- The apps are of high quality compared to those on Android.
If you have wished for an iPhone and held back due to the price, the iPhone SE should be the best you can go with. Check it out on Amazon here.
7. Nokia 6.1 – Buy Now
Undoubtedly, Nokia 6.1 is one of the smartphones that has outshone most of the smartphones in the cheaper and powerful options we have witnessed in 2019. Google Android One program, a solid build and excellent features are what would ideally make it your perfect mate for the travel.
Some salient features worth mentioning include-
- Carved out a single block of Aluminium, it stands out from the rest.
- It comes with USB Type C for charging that should charge your phone in just under an hour.
- In addition to a dual SIM capability, you will find an expandable storage option that works as the hybrid slot.
- The battery backup may range across a day, so you will need a power bank to keep you connected.
- Cameras perform rather fine in the daylight but struggle in the night as with most medium range devices.
If those specifications impress you, why not get a look at the phone on Amazon?
8. Honor Mate 10 Pro – Buy Now
Our choice for the best mid-range device for travelers does end with the Honor Mate 10 Pro. We will even go to the extent of treating it as the flagship level device, thanks to its features. The tempered glass both on the front and rear, it should be a great choice for the durability and great looks.
Best features of this wonderful travel smartphone are as follows-
- With the expandable storage, plenty of RAM and expandable storage, it can take anything you throw at it.
- The massive battery should reach more than a days usage even with an intensive usage pattern.
- The fast charging option provides you the capability of charging the device for a day’s usage in under 20 minutes.
- Cameras come with optical stabilization and provide you with an excellent result.
Does that tempt you to buy the smartphone? You can check out the details at this link
9. Asus Zenfone 3 – Buy Now
If you are hunting for the best travel smartphone with a great battery backup, the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom is an exceptional choice that will not break your pocket. True to its name, the phone comes with an optical zoom function that can be a boost for the travelers.
Here are a few features you would find extremely wonderful in this phone–
- The phone is indeed futureproofed with its compatibility with USB Type C and expandable storage option.
- It combines two camera systems for an enhanced level of mobile photography.
- The phone suits almost all your photography adventures.
- The toughest glass protection for your display makes it one of the durable devices ever.
- An unrivaled audio experience.
If you want to check it out, you can find more details here on Amazon.
10. One Plus 6 – Buy Now
If you are looking for the high-end features in your smartphone, the best you can go with is One Plus 6. A brand known for selling devices with an outstanding performance at an unbelievable price band, the One Plus has always been a great option for the best smartphones.
A few features we consider it worthy of being in this list include-
- A spec sheet that resembles any flagship device, it offers you a great processor, camera set up and storage.
- It offers you an outstanding performance beyond the superficial specification with nonstuttering smoother performance.
- The dual SIM support coupled with the headphone jack should make it an ideal choice for the travelers.
- The battery lasts almost a day, but if you are an intensive user – it may be advisable to carry a power bank.
In case you find the phone a formidable choice, you can check it out on Amazon right away!
Best Travel Smartphones Comparison Table
|Features||Moto G6||Asus Zenfone Max 4||Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus||LG V30||Honor 7X|
|Display||5.7 inch||5.2 inch||6.2 inch||6.0 inch||6.0 inch|
|Processor||Snapdragon 450||Snapdragon 425||—||—||HiSilicon Kirin 659|
|Internal Storage||32 GB / 64 GB||16 GB / 64 GB||64 GB/ 128 GB/ 256 GB||64 GB / 128 GB||32 GB / 64 GB|
|RAM||3 GB /4 GB||2 GB/ 4 GB /6 GB||6 GB||4 GB||3 GB / 4 GB|
|Battery||3000 mAh||5000 mAh||3500 mAh||3300 mAh||3340 mAh|
|Cameras||Rear 12+5 MP|
Front 8 MP
|Rear 13+5 MP|
Front 8 MP
|Rear 12+12 MP|
Front 8 MP
|Rear 16+12 MP|
Front 5 MP
|Rear 16+2 MP|
Front 8 MP
|Features||Apple iPhone SE||Nokia 6.1||Honor Mate 10 Pro||Asus Zenfone 3||One Plus 6|
|Display||4.0 inch||5.5 inch||6.0 inch||5.5 inch||6.28 inch|
|Processor||A9||Snapdragon 630||Kirin 970||Snapdragon 625||Snapdragon 845|
|Internal Storage||16 GB/32 GB / 64 GB / 128 GB||32 GB||128 GB||32 GB / 64 GB||64 GB / 128 GB|
|RAM||2 GB||3 GB||6 GB||3 GB /4 GB||6 GB / 8 GB|
|Battery||1624 mAh||3000 mAh||4000 mAh||5500 mAh||3300 mAh|
Front 1.2 MP
|Rear 16 MP|
Front 8 MP
|Rear 20+12 MP|
Front 8 MP
|Rear 12+12 MP|
Front 13 MP
|Rear 16+20 MP|
Front 16 MP
The Concluding Thoughts
Well, that was a complete list of the best smartphones you can carry for your traveling. Not that the list is entirely exclusive in every aspect, but the smartphones featured here are meant to incite interest in you and help you make a good choice. Do note that the major requirement for a perfect smartphone for your traveling itinerary is the need for a better battery backup, an excellent camera, and a dual SIM feature. Almost all the devices featured here meet most of these needs.
Have you used any of these phones? If yes, do share your thoughts and experiences with us to help our readers.