Are you looking for some fantastic bikes that deliver high performance?
Are you a beginner wanting to learn cycling, or an advanced level rider looking for some of the best suggestions regarding the best bike brands?
Nowadays, bikes are available in different shapes and sizes and can be easily adjusted according to the height of any person. The seat of the bikes is made comfortable using the latest technology for a smooth and comfortable ride. The grip of the handlebars and the sitting position is made accurate so that the body does not have to bend much.
Researchers suggest that the use of these bikes will help to remove the different body aches and will help to remove a lot of diseases from the body. The brakes provided in the bikes are efficient, and the lightweight of the bike makes it easier for the riders to use them. Most of the bikes have adjustable seats.
Now truth be told, you can only be sure of the right build, design, and specification when you choose a brand that is reliable and comes with a great reputation. You may be willing to purchase a good bike, but unless you know which brand to choose, how can you be sure of getting the value of your money?
There are countless brands available today, but choosing the best one for yourself can seem a bit puzzling. So, let us try to put an end to all your questions and confusions here.
- An exclusive: Huffy's Valcon is ideal for ages 5-9 and a rider height of 44-56 inches; sleek charcoal gray frame with vibrant orange accents; rugged 20-inch tires and full suspension make this 6-speed bike ready for real riding adventures
- Arrives with all tools you need for easy assembly; just follow the simple step-by-step instructions, our product manual guides you through every step; alloy quick release enables easy seat height adjustment to ensure the right fit
- Durable steel frame is backed by our limited lifetime warranty (see owner's manual for details); front suspension fork and rear spring shock absorb bumps for a smoother ride; trailing edge tires provide good traction in wet and dry conditions
- Best gel material: You cannot enjoy your bicycle leisure time when you are suffering pain
- Enjoy longer riding: Explore new grounds and enjoy longer rides on your bike
- Easy Installation: Easy to mount, low cost solution will make your saddle feel much better
- Boys beginner BMX street/dirt bike with front hand, and rear coaster brakes
- Handlebar shield with Hot Wheels graphics
- Adjustable/removable training wheels
- STABILITY ON ANY SURFACE: Built with a wide base and low stance for unshakable balance. Features 5 adjustable antislip rubber feet to even out any uneven flooring
- SPIN IN SILENCE: Smooth, seamless design and noise reduction resistance wheel mean you there’s no need to amp up the volume when you build up the burn (Note: The noise is mainly related to the materials and tread of bike tires. We highly suggest you to use road bikes because the noise will be louder if MTB is used.)
- 6 RESISTANCE SETTINGS: Train to your standards with bar-mounted remote and wide range resistance curve to simulate all cycling conditions
- Enjoy safe, family-bonding bicycle rides with this deluxe child seat made with lightweight, polypropylene construction
- The frame mounted rear bike seat is easily assembled, making getting ready for the next adventure hassle free
- The quick release 3 point harness, leg restraints, and padded cross bar offer added safety, while the adjustable footwells and removable headrest provide even more comfort for your little rider
Below is the list of best bike brands. Note that they are not listed in any particular order.
20 Best Best Bike Brands in 2021
1. Giant Bikes
Have a look at the best bike brands lists available elsewhere. You would always find Giant bikes mentioned in the top 5 best bike brands in the world. It is one of the highly in-demand bikes and has its presence across 50 nations around the globe.
The brand believes in accurately gauging consumer trends and meeting them in the way consumers want their bikes. Giant was the first bike brand to introduce computer-aided design on their carbon frame bikes. Competitive pricing and solid construction are the two points that actively go in its favor. Focus on craftsmanship, innovation, and inspiration has been their forte.
- Headquartered at – Taichung, Taiwan
- Plus Points- Competitive prices and sturdy hi-tech bikes
2. Santa Cruz Bikes
Started in 1993, the brand has become a name synonymous with quality. They do not have a vast number of models to showcase. However, even with a handful of high-end models, they have been able to carve a niche for themselves.
Santa Cruz Bikes have bikes designed for everyone in your family – men, women, kids, and even aged people. Some of the bikes that come from the brand are a little expensive. However, their construction and build quality are top-notch. They are using Virtual Pivot Point (VPP) suspension technology since 2001. The easy pedaling system offered by these bikes is handy for mountain biking.
- Headquartered at – Santa Cruz, California
- Plus Points- High-quality frames with a lifetime warranty
3. Trek Bikes
Trek Bikes is another globally famous bike brand. Coming from the city of Wisconsin, the brand is known well across every country. Trek excels in making bikes that can take a considerable load. A person weighing even more then150 kilos can ride the Trek bikes. It manufactures over 25000 bikes a year, which are available in over 90 countries around the world. They produce quality bikes for mountain biking as well as an urban commute.
- Headquartered at – Waterloo, Wisconsin
- Plus Points- Vast collection of bikes. Lifetime warranty on frames.
4. Cannondale Bikes
Cannondale is yet another widely popular bike manufacturer based in the US. They are known high-quality bikes and have been hot favorites for the bikers around the world.
Their simple gear shifting mechanism is ideal for mountain biking. Widely popular in the US and surrounding regions, they are now planning to target the Asian market as well. The brand name has become famous for its focus on both performance and durability. The brand started by making bike accessories. The company has now really grown with manufacturing or mountain bikes, road bikes, and e-bikes.
- Headquartered at – Wilton, Connecticut
- Plus Points- Lightweight bikes, cutting edge technology, vast collection bikes.
5. Yeti Cycles
Yeti cycles have been synonymous with racing. The bikes manufactured by Yeti cycles have been a preferred option for the renowned bikers around the globe.
While the brand offers bikes for different requirements, the mountain bikes segment is what they are focusing on. Their bikes have been known world over as the best alternatives for the downhill competitions. They have high-end suspension and natural wheel alignment.
- Headquartered at – Golden, Colorado
- Plus Points- Best in class look, technological excellence.
6. Kona Bikes
Kona Bikes is a legendary name in the bike industry. Founded in Vancouver, the brand has been active in more than 60 countries worldwide. The company also has its services across varied material requirements like carbon fiber, titanium, aluminum, and steel.
They are one of the pioneers of the ‘tube design’ mountain bike range. Kona is much focused on mountain bikes but has also been active enough in manufacturing road bikes and cyclocross bikes.
- Headquartered at – Ferndale, Washington
- Plus Points- Competitive pricing, Best in class designs.
7. GT Bikes
The brand GT Bikes is known for it’s BMX bikes. They are known for their triple triangle hard tail frame design that they have continued to feature even today. Their frames are reliable, durable, and innovative, making them a great choice.
They deal with three major types of bikes – road bikes, BMX bikes, and mountain bikes. The super-easy suspension provided for the back fronts makes your riding experience a breeze.
- Headquartered at – Santa Ana, California
- Plus Points- Competitive pricing, best designs, a wide range of bikes.
Diamondback shares a rich heritage that spans more than 50 years. Initially, the company focused on BMX bikes. Their full suspension system, developed over the years, has been one of the best in the industry.
The bikes are available in a wide range of models that include men, women, and children. The company merged with the Raleigh Bicycle company in 1999. It has been considered to be one of the most popular and hugely successful bike brands in the US.
- Headquartered at – Washington
- Plus Points- Ingenious online selling, Cheaper prices
9. Co-op Cycles
The Co-op Cycles is another popular bike brand which is owned by Recreational Equipment, Inc (REI). Their bikes are perfect options for almost every requirement you may have- urban or conventional road cycling needs.
The brand recently re-introduced the full suspension system for its bikes. The designs may need a little overhaul, but the durability and technology used in the bikes are indeed excellent. The bikes are available with hard tail and full suspension and require minimal maintenance.
- Headquartered at – Kent, Washington
- Plus Points- Ideal for beginners and intermediate bikers, affordable prices.
10. Kestrel Bikes
Kestrel Bikes is yet another renowned American bike manufacturer that has been around since 1986. They are one of the high-end manufacturers for road racing and triathlon racing.
Kestrel has introduced a wide range of cutting edge bikes. Their design department has always been one of the best. Athletes can ensure better and lighter handling of their bikes. A few advanced options offered by Kestrel Bikes include a full-carbon fork, the first completely 3-D molded design, and seat tube-less designs.
- Headquartered at – the USA
- Plus Points- Innovative design, High-end technology.
11. Alchemy Bikes
Alchemy Bikes believes in building the best bikes possible. They have been around for just ten years, and their focus has always been the quality of manufacturing. This shows up in the range of bikes that they have on offer.
Alchemy, as a brand, has been awarded for Best Carbon Construction. The dedicated craftsmen that brand has can be what would make it a preferred option for bikers around the globe. The brand offers you access to a wide range of bikes – road, all-road, gravel, or mountain bike of your choice. The brand has a considerable legacy, and you will achieve high-end satisfaction with the Alchemy bikes.
- Headquartered at – Denver, USA
- Plus Points- High quality, perfection to the core.
Merida is a Taiwan based bike manufacturer and has become a global player with its high-performance standards. Taiwanese manufacturing, coupled with best in class technology from Germany, is what makes it a great option.
Merida has a wide range of options that include city/commuter bikes, mountain bikes, and road bikes. The company focuses on the aesthetics of the bikes along with the functionality. The company markets its bikes to over 77 countries globally. It has plants located in China, Taiwan, and Germany. The annual production has been around 2 million bikes.
- Headquartered at – Yuanlin, Taiwan
- Plus Points – Focus on quality.
13. Marin Bikes
Marin Bikes is a bike manufacturing company established in the year 1986. It has also been instrumental in bringing out new innovations in the biking industry.
It specializes in mountain bikes but also offers an exciting range of other types of bikes as well. They believe in excelling every bike they craft and have been involved in bringing you an exciting range of excellent bikes. It has gained a name for itself as the most premium bikes ever across the world. They claim to offer you ‘a dream-like adventure’ with their range of bikes.
- Headquartered at – California, USA
- Plus Points – High quality, specialization in mountain bikes.
14. Specialized Bicycles
The company traces its origins to the 1970s. Specialized is a brand that has been considered to have acted as a catalyst in mountain biking across the USA. They have sponsored teams like Tinkoff, Ettix, and Astana Pro Team.
The American brand is known for the best quality bicycles and bike accessories. It has been treated to be one of the best bike brands in the world and has been a hot favorite with biking professionals. In fact, it has the history of Olympians using their bikes for the Olympic events. If you are a discerning rider, you will find it an incredibly excellent choice ever. They were the first manufacturers to design the first-ever mass-produced mountain bikes.
- Headquartered at – Morgan Hill, California
- Plus Points – Olympic track record, High technical expertise.
15. Pivot Cycles
Established in the year 2007, it is a relatively new entrant in the world of bike manufacturers. It has been able to achieve the highest possible standards among the top end bike manufacturers in a short span.
While most of its bikes are manufactured in Carbon, they recently came up with Aluminium construction. That would make their bikes both lightweight and affordable. Frames of the bicycle are where the brand stands out from the rest. A high degree of craftsmanship, along with a sturdiness makes them a little expensive. Their prices are slightly on a higher side. The brand places a high-end emphasis on quality, and you will never be disappointed if you choose to go with Pivot. The ten-year warranty may be a little negative compared to the lifetime warranty provided by the competitors.
- Headquartered at – Tempe, Arizona
- Plus Points –Best in the class suspension system, Efficient climbs.
16. Ibis Cycles
This popular bike manufacturer is known well enough for Moron tubing and powerful carbon frames. The brand has been quite popular enough in the world of racing sports. They are the sponsors of the Enduro World Series Team. The company had gone bankrupt and had shut down, but resurfaced in 2005 with renowned vigor. The brand focuses on quality. They just have six models – four full suspensions, one hardtail, and one gravel grinder. They are focused only on carbon frames as of now.
- Headquartered at – Santa Cruz, California
- Plus Points –Reasonable pricing
17. Salsa Cycles
The brand of bikes traces its origins to the 1980s and comes from humble beginnings. The brand was acquired by Quality Bicycle Products in 1997. They are one of the best when it comes to mountain bikes.
Salsa Bikes are a great option if you are checking out cyclocross and gravel grinder models along with the mountain bikes. The brand has been sponsoring hundreds of bikers across the world and has been dominating the MTB competitions. They are known for introducing the carbon fat tire option as well. The Plus-sized tires and an aggressive feel are a few added advantages.
- Headquartered at – Bloomington, Minnesota
- Plus Points –Best for adventure biking
18. YT Industries
YT stands for Young Talent. It is the first direct to consumer brand ever in the US bike market. It has remained an extremely popular brand among the bikers in the region. It was started in the year 2007 when the founder Markus Flossmann found two 15-year-old kids could not afford real dirt jump bikes. The brand has spread its operations around the world across Europe, Asia, North America, and beyond.
- Headquartered at – Hausen, Germany
- Plus Points –Value for money bikes
The brand is perhaps one of the oldest in this compilation. It traces its origins to 1958. It became popular with the Aluminium Ski Pole. This is precisely what helped the Ski as a sport to achieve greater heights.
The brand entered the bike segment in 1989. It has been credited with the launch of the first aerodynamic handlebar ever. By 1995, the brand went on to become a huge hit with its wide range of bikes. One of the topmost bikes from the brand, Endorphin, went on to become a winner at the Olympics and the World Cup. Scott launched its first full-suspension mountain bike in 1992. Yet another milestone that the company boasts is G-Zero, which was the lightest ever full suspension bike ever.
- Headquartered at – Sun Valley, Idaho
- Plus Points – The Widest range of bikes
This is yet another bike brand that dates back to 1952. In fact, the brand was referred to as the Ferrari of the Cycling. That in itself should speak for the excellent performance that it stands out as.
Colnago has become one of the best options ever in the biking circles. Colnago has been instrumental in developing frame technologies. The brand is known to be the first to introduce carbon frames. It manufactures both road and mountain bikes. However, Colnago is known more for road bicycles more than other products. Most of the bikes from Colnago are handmade and feature top-end components. However, if you have an eye on budget, it may not be the right one for you.
- Headquartered at – Italy
- Plus Points –Technology pioneers
Best Bike Brands: Conclusion
Bikes have always been ideal and the most widely used mode of transport ever. They are highly affordable, environmentally friendly, and need minimal maintenance. The 20 best bike brands in this list should definitely help you in shortlisting an ideal brand depending on your requirements. If it does, our efforts are paid back.
Last update on 2021-03-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API