Smartwatches gained momentum in the past five years. Since then, we have seen some fantastic watches that do a lot more than you can imagine. Gone were the days when a watch would just tell the time. Now, with smart-watches, your watch will not only tell you the time but also give more details. These details are heart rate, call, and email notifications and even play music!
Earlier, there were everyday watches and fitness activity trackers. Smartwatches combine these two and give you a product that can do a lot more than you can imagine. There are top watch and mobile brands with Android that have launched their own sets of smartwatches. Most of them are value for money, and few will appeal to the premium crowd.
To make it easier for you, we have created a list of top 10 smartwatches that are compatible with Android! The best part about this list is that we have listed watches from 10 different brands. We did this, so you get a clear picture of each of the entries. We hope this article will help you understand the dynamics of an Android smartwatch. Accordingly, you will be in a position to buy the right one as per your requirements.
Best Android Smartwatch 2021
1. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 – Best Android Smartwatch in 2021
Reason to buy: We have chosen the Samsung Galaxy as our first Android smartwatch because the offering is fantastic and worth the money. Firstly, you don’t need to own a Samsung phone to use this. It has its very own Tizen OS that runs smoothly and is very user-friendly. Here are three fantastic reasons why you must consider buying this:
- Active two is compact, lightweight and has one of the best Super AMOLED display ever.
- The built-in GPS, automatic work out, sleep, caffeine, and food tracking, gives you real-time pace metrics. You can use this data so you can plan your exercises ahead of time.
- With Active 2, you can reply to messages + notifications via their built-in keyboard & your voice. You can also charge the watch through wireless means (Qi wireless pads) & the Power share feature on the Galaxy S10 smart-phone.
- Use their stress tracker to understand your stress level. Follow the breathing exercises given so you can calm yourself.
- You can track up to 7 types of exercise via their automatic workout-tracking like running, cycling, swimming, rowing, etc.
- The Active 2 boasts of a two-day battery life that’s good. With the Tizen OS, expect your smartwatch to be battery friendly!
- The watch is packed with tons of features and hence is costly. You can opt for the previous generation watch that is cheaper than the Active 2.
- The Active 2 lacks in limited third-party apps. If this gets corrected, it would be difficult for any watch to match up with it.
2. Fitbit Versa 2 – Best Fitbit Smartwatch with Android
Reason to buy: Fitbit is the brand you must look out for when it comes to fitness tracking. Quite recently, they began launching smartwatches and showing the whole world how they can be the best in this segment too. The Versa 2 combines the best features a Fitbit tracker can provide along with a watch requirement.
- Expect one of the best displays, a Dual-core 1.0 GHz processor along with a beast of a processor.
- Built-in Alexa lets you play songs, hear daily news on the go!
- Share your weekly results on social media and with the Fitbit community to stay motivated and get better.
The addition of Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant adds a little more functionality to the proceedings. But the Versa 2 shines when it’s used for what it was made for, i.e. core fitness tracking.
- It has an always-on display that is exactly what an everyday watch does for everyone. This feature is rare to find in all smart-watches.
- Battery life is high and can last up to five long days. It does boast of epic battery life in this list.
- Fitbit has one of the most attractive designs, along with the best insights and accuracy of data!
- Perhaps the only place Versa 2 lacks is the GPS that isn’t available.
- Like the Active 2, Versa too has limited applications selection and hence needs to be worked on.
3. Skagen Falster – Stylish Android Smartwatch
Reason to buy: Let’s bring some style on this list. Skagen is not just your regular watchmaker. This Danish-based brand offers some of the best designed and utility-based watches. Their smartwatch looks just like a premium watch that decided to get smart with multiple features.
- Their 3 button layout with a rotating crown allows you to scroll and explore all the features.
- With their built-in speaker, make and take calls with clear sound.
- Track steps you take, monitor your heart rate 24*7 and activities throughout the day.
- Skagen 3 is one of the best-looking watches in this list that boasts of a classic design.
- The digital crown is fantastic as it allows you to use the watch minus the touch screen in a user-friendly manner.
- The smart-watch boasts of an inbuilt GPS & NFC. Apart from this expect one of the best quality displays ever.
- With rich quality comes premium costing. Perhaps one of the rare downsides of Falster 3 is that the costing is on the expensive side.
- The 22mm bands in Falster 3 are not compatible with previous Falster watches. This means lesser options for you to select from.
4. Fossil Sport – Luxury Fitness Android Smartwatch
Reason to buy: A brand like Fossil needs no introduction. Fossil is known for its amazing variety of watches and best after-sales services. They have smart-watches that can compete with the likes of Apple Series 5 & Samsung Active 2. Here are some of its features:
- The Fossil Sport has the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 chipset. This chipset performs like a beast and easily is one of the best performers in this list.
- Battery life is fantastic along with aluminium & plastic body that’s lightweight & gives this watch a premium feel.
- Fossil sport was built considering pure fitness in mind.
- This watch was created considering fitness in mind and hence sports an attractive & sporty design. The silicone band included with the watch is comfortable for athletes.
- Fossil Sport has almost every feature you would expect to have in a smartwatch.
- Fossil Sport is affordable than most options on the list. That makes this a worthy choice.
- The Wear OS in Sport is still not up to the mark and can get better.
- The most unfortunate part of Sport is that the Battery life is less than average and might work for just above one day!
- Sport does have all regular features but does not fulfil high-end features within the affordable costing.
5. Garmin forerunner 645 Music – Waterproof Android Smartwatch
Reason to buy: In the world of activity trackers, Garmin is one of the premium brands that offer the best of the best. Here too, their smart-watch is unique as its specially crafted for runners, swimmers and music lovers.
- Forerunner 645 has a 7+ days battery life ( 6hrs+ if GPS enabled + music)
- You can stream music from Deezer or Spotify and play it through the watch!
- They track everything from heart rate, sleep cycle, workouts, etc.
- With Garmin, you get advanced workout tracking and guidance, so you’re always at your best.
- Runners will find this in their favour as with Forerunner 645; you get a sunlight-friendly trans-reflective display. Isn’t that awesome
- Safety is given prime focus as you also get “built-in incident” detection.
- Overall, this smart-watch is not for every person and hence has a limited set of smart-watch features.
- The design might not be the best when compared to the options on this list.
6. Mobvoi Tic Watch E2 – Budget Standalone Android Smartwatch
Reason to buy: Now let’s bring a brand that you might have never heard about. Mobvoi is relatively a new company when compared with the remaining options on this list. And guess what? This also happens to be the cheapest option on this list. So is that the only reason that you must purchase it? Read the reasons why we consider this as a good option:
- With Tic Watch E2, you get most of the features of Wear OS at the cheapest cost possible.
- You get a 2-day battery life along with GPS, water resistance, automatic workout detection & heart rate monitoring! Isn’t that great?
- The Tic Watch E2 is sturdily built and can be used for swimming where you get stroke analysis and suggestions to improve form!
- The Tic Watch E2 has one of the best durable based body that’s constructed for every type of users.
- It has Waterproofing & workout detection features that easily make this a viable option.
- You can also get inbuilt GPS along with one of the notification support available in the market.
- The Tic Watch E2 is not as stylish as the remaining options.
- The watch is sturdily built and is on the heavier side.
- There is no navigation crown-like we see in most of the smartwatches.
7. Michael Kors Access Bradshaw – Fashion Android Smartwatch
Reason to buy: Let’s bring in the oomph factor. Michael Kors is one of the best in terms of fashion smartwatches. These watches are not only heavily loaded but also pack in amazing features with the best service. Allow us to tell you why Access Bradshaw is worth it:
- Two years warranty! Oh yeah, you can get this watch with an extended guarantee so say goodbye to any problems.
- Apart from Wear OS, they also run on Snapdragon Wear 3100, 1 GB RAM along with 8GB storage facility.
- Their action-packed features include NFC, GPS, Heart rate monitoring, a built-in speaker so you can take and make calls, etc.
- The Access Bradshaw boasts of superior performance with premium design
- Battery life is of 1+ days and through rapid charging for 1 hour, get 80% battery recharged!
- Water-resistant up to a certain extent.
- The heavy body might not suit every user, and hence users like athletes might look for lightweight options.
- It is very costly as compared to remaining options and might be the deciding factor for users before buying this.
8. Misfit Vapor 2 – Great Android Smartwatch for Fitness Tracking
Reason to buy: Misfit might not sound like your regular brand name but is one of the best in terms of fitness tracking. Misfit this time arrived with a smart-watch that not only looks sleek and stylish but also tracks activities to the best of its abilities. The Vapor 2 smart-watch has tons of positives that make it a “must buy” smartwatch. Here are some of its features:
- The design gives a premium feel and fits each environment right from an exercise to a party!
- Built-in GPS helps with accurate tracking, and NFC allows you to make payments smoothly.
- Even though the Snapdragon processor is not the latest, it still does a fantastic job in terms of performance.
- Phone free music allows you to listen to your favourite music anytime without the requirement of your smart-phone.
- Water-resistant up to 30 meters that allow you to wear this all the time even while swimming.
- The Heart rate sensor, along with Google Fit is one of the best combinations. It allows you to monitor and track your health in real-time.
- The Vapor 2 watch is an improvement from its predecessor. But it still doesn’t have enough features to beat most of the entries in this list.
- iOS users have reported that the watch doesn’t work to its full abilities!
- The battery life is less than average and can last only up to 1-day maximum.
9. Amazfit GTR
Reason to buy: The market is full of new brands that want to make a name for themselves. Amazfit is one such company that launches products that will make them famous. The GTR smart-watch is one such watch with claims of it having the best battery life in this whole list. Here are some reasons why you must opt for this watch:
- The resolution stands with a 1.39 inch AMOLED display so you can always have a brighter display.
- GTR smart-watch also has one of the highest claimed battery life at 24 DAYS!
- It also supports smart-phone notifications, inbuilt GPS gives accurate tracking results and is also water-resistant.
- The design on GTR is fantastic for the cost and looks too good.
- It claims to have an astonishing 24-day battery life that beats every entry in this list.
- Amazfit has ensured to create a smart-watch that is easy to use for every type of user.
- Since Amazfit is a young company and has to yet grow, you will see that the application needs tweaks and polishing.
- As we mentioned above, GTR also doesn’t support multiple Applications like the remaining watches.
10. Withings Move
Reason to buy: Our last entry is also a brand that you must have never heard about. Withings Move is one such brand that is known to provide value for money watches. This is the only watch in the list that doesn’t have a digital display but goes for your plain watch display. Here are some reasons for you to purchase this stunning yet straightforward watch:
- The plastic body allows it to be a lightweight smart-watch that suits each user.
- The battery life of this watch can last up to 9 months as there is no digital screen available.
- Budget-friendly hybrid smart-watch that does the job with ease.
- This smart-watch is affordable as the body is made of plastic, and no digital screen is present.
- It is also considered to be a simple watch that tracks steps sleep patterns etc.
- Even though it has been built with plastic, it is sturdy and can survive daily without any harm.
- Perhaps the most significant drawback for Withings Move is that it doesn’t have any digital screen like the remaining models in the list.
- As there is no screen, the watch doesn’t support notifications or applications apart from its home application.
- There are no heart rate monitor and one of the main cons of this watch. This might be the deciding factor for people looking at health concerns as their priority.
Is an Android Smartwatch worth it?
Is a smartwatch worth it? Well, we would agree with this statement as it does a lot more than your classic watch. Our everyday watches would tell the time in one, two or perhaps 3 time zones. Apart from showing the date and time, it wouldn’t do anything else.
But smartwatches lets you make calls, reply to messages, listen to songs, track your exercise, heart rate and monitor your health. With multiple features, a smartwatch seems like an apt requirement for today’s generation. It can not only help you see the date and time but also be useful to you in many ways.
Should you purchase an Android Smartwatch? Or why should you not?
YES – Any person that is exercising or wishes to monitor their health must opt for this. Some of these watches can be purchased for the elders in the family as you can track their health 24*7 and stay alert. If you’re the kind that loves watches in general, then a smartwatch is the right answer.
NO – Are you the kind that just thinks that a watch must be used to tell the date and time? If the answer is yes, then you can save your money and invest it in an everyday watch. Also, are you the kind that gets annoyed with every notification sound? If the answer is yes, then maybe a smart-watch will piss you off more than it will make you happy.
Which Android Smartwatch should I Buy?
When you check our list, we have ensured that we give you a variety of brands and styles. Some smartwatches look good, sturdily built, and full of features, health-conscious, etc. Depending on your need, you can accordingly look for a smartwatch.
We would choose a smart-watch based on the buyer’s guide mentioned below. This is a set process of steps that we use before spending our hard-earned money. You must decide what you’re looking out for in a smart-watch. In case you’re finding it difficult to choose any one option, do read below!
Best Android Smartwatch 2021 Buyer’s Guide
Smartwatches needs to be well researched. We say this because there are tons of features and you must choose what suits your best. Do you wish to know how do we decide on a smartwatch? Here are some factors that we decide on:
- Features – Please check on the features being offered. If you’re the kind that swims then look for the water-resistant or swim-proof watch. If you wish to track your activity and exercise all day, there are watches dedicated to it. Likewise, some of the options are purely health-based and can work wonders for you.
- Pricing – Just because you’re getting tons of features, remember that costing increases accordingly. Hence you must choose a budget and look for options that fit in the same budget and offers the best features.
- History of the brand – Most of the watches here was initially into the same industry. Few of them only were into various other segments and moved into this. So before you opt for a smart-watch, look for the brand and its history along with the reviews for it.
Best Smartwatch For Android 2021
We end this article with Top 10 Android smartwatches in 2021! To give you a fair picture, each smartwatch on this list belongs to a different brand. So we have laid it all down for you to judge and make the final buying decision.
Please do check the features, pricing, and every detail. We hope that now, you can easily purchase the best smart-watch that fits your needs!
Last update on 2021-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API