Today, whether you visit a park, a mall, or even a deserted area, you will find people glued to their gadgets. These gadgets can be anything from smart-phones, tablets, laptops. All credit goes to the internet.
Intending to provide everyone with free information via the internet, most areas have become internet friendly with the fastest connection speeds available. But like we said, most cities are connected and not all of them. When you move to international spots, there is no guarantee if the internet will work for you.
In today’s time, a digital nomad or a traveler has work demands that need him/her to be online. For this, having a 24*7 fast internet connectivity is a need and not a want. Yes, there are solutions where you can get internet connectivity abroad. Still, the charges are expensive and not customer friendly at all. Those who can afford can try it out but those who cannot have a difficult time.
They will end up trying to find the cheapest SIM card or an area that provides low-cost or free Wi-Fi. Hence our article today aims at giving you the best solution to this problem. You can get the best 4G LTE connectivity right in your palms and carry it with you at any corner of the world. And guess what? It won’t burn a hole in your pocket and is very reasonable.
The solution we have found for domestic and international Wi-Fi connectivity issues is the GlocalMe G4.
This multi-purpose product is one of the best 4G LTE Enabled WI-FI hotspot. It also can be utilized as a power bank. You can use it to recharge your battery & connect to the internet no matter where you travel!
Through this article, we aim to give you a detailed review of Glocalme G4. Reading this will help you understand if this is the right fit for you. We have created sections, compared with few products, so you get a fair and transparent understanding. We hope that after reading this article, you will be clear on your buying decision!
Glocalme G4 review
What is the GlocalMe Device?
Glocalme G4 is a Wi-Fi mobile hotspot that works both; like a hotspot and also like a backup power-bank. With this, you can quickly get high-speed access up to 150 Mbps speed across 144+ regions and countries in the world. You don’t every time need a SIM card or bear outrageous data roaming costs. This is because you have the G4 that offers the best service with or without a SIM card. (At least they claim to!)
Here are some of its top features that make Glocalme stand out from the competition.
Top Features of Glocalme G4:
- The pay-as-you-go option is available here. (No fixed seven predetermined pricing)
- Control and manage data plans on their user-friendly application.
- Get coverage in more than 144 countries with free-roaming.
- You can connect up to 5 devices like laptops, smartphones, pads, etc.
- Speed – 4G LTE with 150 Mbps download & 50 Mbps upload speed.
- Finding places became easier with Trip-visor.
The GlocalMe G4 is an updated version of their famous G3 model.
The Device: The device weighs 136mm x 71mm x 12mm and weights up to 187 grams. It houses a 3900 MAH battery and is considered to be a lightweight champion. Now, isn’t that like a traveler’s dream? A lightweight, portable Wi-Fi hotspot and a power bank!
User interface: Unlike the older model, the G4 houses one of the best interfaces. Yes, we say this because there’s a larger screen, users have reported that colors seem to be more vibrant. The G4 also offers better contrast, and it also has additional apps like Google maps, currency conversion. As a user, you can get all of these features. Along with the usual information, you also get signal depiction, battery level, etc. that are found on a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Glocalme G4 Pricing
- Buying the Devices: You can purchase this fantastic device via Amazon.com at around $150. If you’re considering comparing with the older model, it is available on Amazon for around the same price.
- Data Plans & Rentals: We appreciate Glocalme for their data plan options that aren’t like your standard fixed pricing method. They have a “Pay as you go” option that’s flexible. Their pricing is different for countries, and they also have a “Global” package. Rates start from $9 onward for a 7-day plan and go up to $ 98 for a 180-day plan.
FYI – We must tell you that when you purchase this, you will get 1GB of data FREE! Isn’t that great?
Glocalme G3 vs. G4
The G4 came out as a sequel to the G3 but just more on the “usability” factor. Don’t think we are trying to confuse you, but both devices are pretty good and can deliver the best output. They have more similarities than differences. Like we mentioned above, G4 is like the upgrade we wished when G3 launched. Both models have more than one day of battery life! Imagine, in this age, when we continuously use our devices, there’s Glocalme that can survive more than 24 hours!
Here are some of the differences between the G3 & G4:
- Weight-wise, the G3 (235 grams) is almost 50 grams more than the G4 (187 grams). While it doesn’t sound that bad, users will find a difference.
- Battery wise the G3 houses a 5350 MAH sitter while the G4 settles with a 3900 MAH. While the difference might seem contrasting, we assure you that both perform like beasts and survive more than a day of use!
- The UI also called the user interface, is where G4 beats G3. Many users consider this to be more vibrant and appealing than the G3.
- There are multiple applications like Google Maps, currency conversion that can be found on G4. This is a good sign as we can expect more improvements in terms of downloading android apps in the future.
Glocalme G4 vs. U2
The U2 is one of the unique offerings by “Glocalme.” This is considered to be the most stylish product in Glocalme’s entire product list. All you need to do is download the app and then use this 2 in 1 “Wi-Fi cum portable power bank.” You can then enjoy 4G LTE high-speed internet in more than 100+ countries with more than 13+ hours of battery life. Most of their features are similar. We could only find a few differences that we will list below:
- The main difference in the U2 and G4 is that there is no display (screen) on the U2. Hence you will need to consistently check the app on your smartphone to get updates on battery life, network, etc.
- Next, software-wise, the G4 being Glocalme’s latest addition, is better when it comes to performance, and U2 is decent.
- Size-wise, the U2 minus the display weighs at 150 grams that’s lesser than G4 that stands at 187 grams. The U2 does get the better of G4 in this factor. But let’s not forget the absence of a screen that helps U2 be lighter than everyone.
- Coverage wise, U2 is available in more than 100+ countries that are lesser than G4 that goes up to 144+ countries.
Is GlocalMe G4 worth it in 2020?
In 2020, time is money! No one wishes to waste time if it isn’t giving them an addition. At such times, when there is no internet in your area or if you’re traveling abroad, you might end up being frustrated. Hence companies like Glocalme and Skyroam ensure that you have faster internet connectivity anytime and anywhere. We have created a list of 5 reasons why we feel why the G4 is worth it in 2020.
Glocalme gives you a product that works in more than 100+ countries. Not only that, but you also get a device that accepts LOCAL SIM CARDS. Yes, the device has a slot where you can insert a local SIM card that costs less and can deliver high output for you. This is helpful only in countries that allow you to purchase a SIM card without being a local. This is better than most competitors. Here you can use any SIM card and not compulsorily use the product’s SIM card only.
- Glocalme is very famous with the crowd as it gives them what they want. And what do they want? A connection that has flexible and reasonable costing. Yes, this brand offers a variety of costs right from Daily, weekly, and packs that last up to 6 months. What makes them different from every other competitor is their reasonable costing in multiple countries. They make data roaming look too simple and affordable.
- Now we all wish to have an application that shows us precisely what we want to see without any complexity. That’s exactly what this brand provides. Their app helps you manage your account balance, internet speeds, battery life, and top-up options. What makes Glocalme better than the competition is the fact that many of them don’t have apps at all. And the ones that do cannot match up to Glocalme’s app usability!
- Finally, Glocalme beats everyone when their product is not only lightweight but also does more than you expect. The G4 can provide you high internet speeds and also work as a power bank! Yes, they manage to pull off launching a device that can do so many things and still not be a burden on your pocket! What makes this brand a trustworthy seller is that they offer you protection up to 1 year through warranty, a portable Wi-Fi hotspot & power bank!
Glocalme G4 Review FAQs
What’s a day pass?
A one-day pass allows you to use prepaid internet for a period that lasts for just 24 hours. This data can be limited or unlimited as per your purchase! The G4 allows you to purchase one-day passes at very reasonable costs.
Does Glocalme charge extra for shipping?
If you belong to the home country i.e., the USA, then it becomes easier for you to purchase the G4. This is because there will be little or no costs for shipping. But if you reside in any other international country, then shipping costs will apply as per your region. Return costs, too, will bear shipping charges and shall be borne by you.
Do Glocalme hotspots work fine?
Now, this is a question that showcases Glocalme’s USP! Users all over the world have utilized this product in multiple countries, and almost every customer has shared a positive result. This shows how Glocalme has not only created the right product but also helped users get the best data experience ever.
Will the Glocalme G4 work in two countries in a single day?
Glocalme works in as many countries that you can visit in one day. Their technology will detect the location you are in and will automatically find a suitable Wi-Fi zone for you. So you can visit 2,3 or 4 countries and still experience a seamless internet experience.
How do I connect to Wi-Fi?
Glocalme allows you to connect to their Wi-Fi in the same way you would log in on an internet login portal. You will be provided with a username and password that you must use to be securely connected to the portal.
Does Glocalme G4 have a maximum cap for its users?
Please note that you can use data depending on the data pack you have subscribed to. Once that is replenished, you must opt for a top-up or refill a new pack to continue using data.
How fast is the connection?
As mentioned above, Glocalme G4 provides a seamless internet experience, no matter which country you visit. Expect download speed up to a maximum of 150 Mbps and 50 Mbps of upload speed.
Why is there a rental option?
Renting is usually preferred by travelers that visit a new country for a few days and need to stay connected through their cell phones. But this costs a lot and is not at all reasonable. This is where Glocalme enters like a knight in shining armor and gets you what you need at an affordable rate.
Will Glocalme G4 work in my country?
Unless you are planning to live underground where no one can find you, Glocalme has got your back. We say this because they have network coverage in more than 144+ countries!
Where does the Glocalme G4 not work?
Glocalme cannot provide service at places that do not have any kind of cell reception. Also, remote areas that are away from urban & city population might experience discomfort and mild coverage.
Does the Glocalme G4 work with VPN?
Yes. Glocalme G4 does work world-wide in countries through VPN