Here are the different motherboards for i7 that I shall be talking about in this post:
- ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA 1151 – Maximum Speed With M2, USB 3.1
- MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus Motherboard – Gaming Motherboard That Supports 8th And 9th Gen Intel i-core
- MSI Z390-A Pro LGA1151 Motherboard – Dual Gigabit Motherboard With USB 3.1 Gen 2 For Gaming
- ASUS Prime Z370-A II Motherboard – Supports M2 USB 3.1 Gigabit LAN
- ASUS Prime Z370-P II Motherboard – Supports Intel 9th Gen And Gigabit LAN And USB 3.1
- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Motherboard – Gaming Motherboard That Supports USB 3.1 Gen2 802.11AC Wi-Fi
- MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Motherboard – Professional Gaming Motherboard That Supports Intel 8th And 9th Gen
- ASUS Prime Z390-P ATX Motherboard – ATX Motherboard That Supports USB 3.1 Gen2
- GIGABYTE H370 HD3 Motherboard – Supports LGA1151/Intel/USB 3.1 Gen 2
- GIGABYTE Z390 UD Gaming Motherboard – Gaming Motherboard With Realtek ALC887/Realtek 8118
Ever since we started using computers – be it in our home or school, the “motherboard” has always been a matter of top concern; after all, this component is the sole determinant of how the computer performs!
Motherboards, also known as mainboards, are advanced electronic modules that are present in any computerized device. As the name suggests, a motherboard is the most important part of a computer, as it controls every single function of the entire computer system.
Today motherboards are highly evolved and offer a myriad of benefits too, starting from the availability of high-speed internet connectivity to high-profile gaming capabilities. So, investing in a high-quality motherboard can rightly ensure your savings in the long run.
In this article, let us find out the top 10 motherboards that you can choose from, for the i7 processor.
Best Motherboards For i7
1. ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA 1151 – Maximum Speed With M2, USB 3.1
Reason To Buy: You want to get a motherboard that can provide you with high speed and connection instantly.
Features And Advantages
- The ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard is developed using the latest and highly advanced technologies that give its mind-blowing features. It has been mainly designed to support the 8th and 9th generation Intel Core processors that enable maximum speed and connectivity facilities for you. The motherboard also supports the use of M2, USB 3.1 type ports. This provides you with the facility of high-speed connectivity and service. Also, the BIOS system gives you complete control, over the i7 you have. You can change any settings and parts anytime you want.
- The high level of 5X Protection III Hardware safeguards the connectivity with Safe Slot Core, Over Voltage Protection and LAN Guard thus enabling longevity as well as reliability of the motherboard. The Fan Xpert 4 of the motherboard provides a highly advanced fan control system enabling dynamic cooling of the motherboard system. The Safe Slot Core and the PCLs slots prevent any kind of damage caused due to heavyweight GPUs. Also, the motherboard has an excellent GUI or Graphic User Interface that also makes you an advanced user of games.
- Also, the 8 Channel Gaming Audio along with the Realtek ALC887 provides high definition audio facilities for the motherboard system. The Revamped 5 Way Optimization with intelligence that over-locks the CPU based on smart prediction as well as thermal telemetry. Also, the overclocking software and fan control software is very user-friendly and easy to install. Even if you are a new user or installer of the motherboard, you will not have any difficulty installing this motherboard system.
- The ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard has some pretty sharp parts. So it should be handled with caution. Also, the pins of the motherboard should be touched so that they do not get damaged.
2. MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus Motherboard – Gaming Motherboard Supports 8th And 9th Gen Intel i-core
Reason To Buy: You want to buy a mother that is suitable for gaming purposes.
Features And Advantages
- The MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus Motherboard supports both 8th as well as 9th generation versions of Intel I-core processors. That gives the ability to play the latest versions of computer games with high-speed connectivity. The motherboard has been built mainly for steaming, e-sports and gaming operations. The ports for RAM, GPU, fans, and power are very easy to locate and can be used efficiently. Also, the BIOS is very user-friendly and detailed with easy OC options.
- The motherboard also supports dual-channel DDR4 Memory that provides storage space up to 4400(OC) MHz. The motherboard also supports the installation of Windows 10 64-bit. If needed, you can easily enable the game boost and the XMP that will automatically increase the speed of your Ram. The 2x TURBO M.2, the Turbo USB 3.1 Gen2, the Intel Optane Memory Ready and the Extended Heatsink are some of the latest features and facilities that have been added to this motherboard. The motherboard also supports the Intel CNVi Wi-Fi module enabling Wi-Fi connection and high-speed connectivity. The motherboard is available in different vibrant and cool colors that you can choose from. The color covers most of the part of the motherboard. Also, the case baggage is easy to handle and has a classy look and feel.
- The motherboard had only two tiny screws for your SSD. The screw and standoffs of the motherboard are not available.
3. MSI Z390-A Pro LGA1151 Motherboard – Dual Gigabit Motherboard With USB 3.1 Gen2 For Gaming
Reason To Buy: You want to get a pro-type motherboard that has dual gigabit facilities for gaming purposes.
Features And Advantages
- The MSI Z390-A Pro LGA1151 motherboard has been specially built for reliable operation. The motherboard mainly supports Windows 10 64-bit operating system. The motherboard is very easy to install and also user-friendly. The motherboard has optimized traces along with a very good memory circuitry.
- The motherboard also supports dual channel DDR4 memory providing a storage capacity of 4400(OC) MHz. It also supports 9th gen i9-9900K,i5-9600K, i7-9700K and also the 8th Generation Intel Core/Celeron/Premium Gold processors for the LGA-1151 socket. The motherboard is very good for DIY users and installers and also provides you with many troubleshooting tools and settings options.
- The motherboard has been provided with Turbo M.2, PCI-E Gen3x4 interface that highly maximizes the performance of the NVMe SSDs. The motherboard has been designed and developed so that you can enjoy professional games. The motherboard along with its smart design and highly convenient features makes it a very useful, efficient and good choice of motherboard if you are a beginner in using or installing a motherboard.
- The motherboard has been developed by highly skilled and efficient workers who make sure that the motherboard features can be easily understood and used by you.
- The small screws of the motherboard are sometimes difficult to be adjusted properly in place. The motherboard supports only Windows 10 operating system, not any other versions.
4. ASUS Prime Z370-A II Motherboard – Supports M.2 USB 3.1 Gigabit LAN
Reason To Buy: You want to buy a motherboard that mainly supports USB 3.1 type and Gigabit LAN networks.
Features And Advantages
- The ASUS Prime Z370-A II motherboard is highly and efficiently compatible with both Intel 8th as well as 9th Generation Core Processors that maximizes the speed and connectivity with Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 connectivity. The motherboard also supports Intel Thunderbolt and Intel Octane Memory. The highly enhanced tools are very to use. The motherboard is equipped with the highest quality of applications specially designed for catching high-speed connectivity and networks.
- The two patent Pending Safe Slots provide an injection molding procedure that integrates the metal framing thus enabling a stronger and firmly anchored Pie Slot that has been mainly built for any heavyweight GPUs. Also, the personalization of the motherboard is unmatched and comes with the exclusive AURA Sync RGB Lighting, 3D Printing mounts, and additional RGB headers. The motherboard supports Windows 10 64-bit operating system.
- The 5-way Optimization along with the Auto-Tuning and Fan expert 4 automatically influences your overclocking profiles to your perfectly build system and provide maximum OC performance along with a dynamic quality operating system. Also, the 8-channel HD audio featured and enhanced by ASUS exclusive Realtek S1220A that features Crystel Sound 3 run by Japanese capacitors to provide your system warm and impressive sound.
- The ASUS Prime Z370-A II motherboard comes only in ATX sizes, not in mATX sizes. Also, the motherboard does not allow SATA 5 & 6 to be used along with NVMe.
5. ASUS Prime Z370-P II Motherboard – Supports Intel 9th Gen And Gigabit LAN And USB 3.1
Reason To Buy: You want to get a prime type motherboard that supports Intel 9th Gen as well as Gigabit LAN and also has USB 3.1 ports.
Features And Advantages
- The ASUS Prime Z370-P II motherboard supports both 8th as well as 9th generation versions of Intel Core Processors. This provides you with maximum connectivity and speed during your working process. The motherboard also has M.2, USB 3.1 Gen1 type ports and is compatible with the Intel Optane Memory system. The motherboard has been equipped with all the different and latest features and solutions that are meant for professional and enthusiast gamers. The motherboard also provides you with the latest and high-quality storage standard facilities that allow you to connect any kind of ultra-fast devoice for storage purposes. The motherboard also enables the fast-starting of games and faster loading levels and speeds giving you a real advantage for the system.
- The patent Pending Safe Slot Core fortifies the PCLe slots thus preventing any kind of damage due to heavyweight GPUs. Also, the Fan Xpert 4 Core along with the AIO pump header provides an advanced control system for the fan thus enabling dynamic cooling. The CPU and the memory enhancement along with the fast storage abilities of the motherboard make the USB transfer speed ready to be in your hand. Now you can easily get started with your games. The USB along with its connectivity speed allows you and your i7 system to read and transfer the files at high speeds.
- The 5x Protection III Hardware-level protects the motherboard system with Safe Slot Core and Languid and the overvoltage protection provides component longevity and makes the motherboard highly reliable for you. The high-quality supply of power and components along with the Intelligent fans equipped in the motherboard provides fantastic cooling performance. This is a key factor that ensures stable and high-speed operation for the entire motherboard as well as the CPU systems.
- The 8-Channel HD Gaming audio features Realtek ALC8887 High-definition Audio Codec. This gives you great sound quality while playing games. The motherboard has an optimized design for the layout and also a fully isolated circuitry for the memory that ensures perfect stability and performance of the entire motherboard system. Now, you will not have to worry about the i7 system crashing issues and problems that could have arisen while playing games if you have been using any cheap or low-quality motherboard.
- The AURA Sync and the Turbo LAN are not a part of the Ai Suite. Also, it only has a total of six I/O panel USB ports.
6. ASUS ROG Strix Z390 Motherboard – Gaming Motherboard That Supports USB 3.1 Gen2 802.11AC Wi-Fi
Reason To Buy: You want to buy a motherboard that has been mainly built for gaming purposes and also supports USB 3.1 Gen2 along with 802.11AC Wi-Fi connection.
Features And Advantages
- The ASUS ROG Strix Z390 motherboard has been mainly designed for gaming purposes. The Gamer’s Guardian features support and ensure the component longevity of the system along with Safe Slot, DRAM and ESD guard apart from the current protection. The gaming features of the motherboard allow you to get full command and control of your gaming experience.
- The motherboard has been designed in a way that supports both 8th and 9th generation versions of Intel Core Processors providing maximum speed and connectivity along with the DUAL M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2 and the onboard 802.11AC Wi-Fi connectivity and ASUS optimum II enabling better DRAM overclocking stability.
- Fan Xpert 4 provides dynamic cooling features. Also, the Revamped 5 Way Optimization overclocks are intelligently based on smart protection and thermal telemetry. The mother also has a pre-mounted I/O shield that ensures the streamlined installation of the operating system and also represents ROGs high-quality and impressive details. This ASUS motherboard gives you the most fascinating and desirable advantages. The safe design of the motherboard has been specially created to satisfy any sort of professional job be it gaming or any work in the multimedia industry, where high-quality motherboards are always a requirement.
- The ASUS ROG Strix Z390 motherboard has only one RGB Lighting zone. Also, it does not stand out in any one particular manner.
7. MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Motherboard – Professional Gaming Motherboard That Supports Intel 8th And 9th Gen
Reason To Buy: You are a professional gamer and very fond of games and want to get a highly professional motherboard that has been precisely developed for supporting highly professional games.
Features And Advantages
- The MSI MPG Z390 Gaming motherboard supports dual channel DDR4 Memory providing you with a storage capacity of 4400(OC) MHz. The motherboard also supports 9th gen versions of i5-9600K, i7,-9700K, i7-9700K and 8ty gen versions of Intel Core/Celeron/Premium Gold Processors for LGA 1151 Socket. This gives you a variety of options of processors to choose from to install the operating system you want for your i7 device.
- The Audio Boost 4 along with Nahimic 3, Intel Optane Memory Ready feature, the Turbo M.2, the Turbo USB 3.1 Gen2, the M.2 Shield-froze and also the pre-installed I/O shielding provides the best protection for your operating system.
- The motherboard has been specially designed and developed to give you high-performance gaming facilities. The ATX form Factory that remains ready with the Multi-GPU serves you with the ability to explore the various high-profile and highly advanced games that are meant for professional gamers. The motherboard also has the Mystic Light features that come with 16.8 million colors and 29 vibrant effects. The Connect RGB or the Rainbow LED Strips along with the addressable headers create a PC with RGB lighting features. Also, the Mystic Light Sync enables the motherboard with vibrant lighting features that give the advanced games you play, a realistic look and feel.
- The MSI MPG Z390 Gaming motherboard does not have an inbuilt Wi-Fi feature and spot. The motherboard also needs to get high-end ports to be post-installed if needed.
8. ASUS Prime Z390 – P ATX Motherboard – ATX Motherboard That Supports USB 3.1 Gen2
Reason To Buy: You want to get an ATX motherboard that can support USB 3.1 Gen2 for your operating system.
Features And Advantages
- The ASUS Prime Z390 – P ATX motherboard has been specially developed so that it can support USB 3.1 Gen2 connectivity. The motherboard supports 8th as well as 9th generation versions of Intel Core Processors that maximizes the speed and connectivity of the USB 3.1 Gen2 ports. Also, the Gen2 and ASUS Optimum II give you better DRAM overclocking performances and stability, thus making the motherboard highly-reliable in nature. The motherboard has been specially designed in a way that serves your desired favors and flavors for gaming. The motherboard has the latest design giving it a very professional look and feel. The motherboard looks very ripped as well as powerful.
- The Fan Xpert 4 along with the AIO Pump Header gives you and the motherboard advanced fan control to provide dynamic system cooling features. Also, the 5X Protection III Hardware-level provides safeguard with Safe Slot Core, Overvoltage and LAN guard Protection. They also increase the longevity and reliability of the entire motherboard. The mother is therefore highly durable and reliable for use for your i7.
- The Patent Pending Safe Slot Core is fortified with PCLe slots that ensure prevention against any kind of damage caused due to heavyweight GPUs. This ensures a safe and secure placement of the motherboard in your i7 device. The motherboard has specialized system settings that enable a professional workflow for you. The motherboard helps you to make your life easier while gaming as well as working. It has been developed by doing rigorous and high-quality testing to enable the most vibrant features for you. The motherboard is super reliable and has very high longevity and thus serves as a high-performance motherboard.
- The 8-channel HD Gaming Audio that features Realtek ALC887 high definition audio codec gives you high-quality sound while playing games. Also, the motherboard delivers high power for your operating system for an entry-level and has an abundance of USB ports enabling super and highly efficient connectivity and speed. The Fan in the BIOS is highly flexible and does not get damaged easily. The UEFI BIOS has many settings options and is very user-friendly. The motherboard has been built with the latest and highly-advanced technological components that enable the high-quality features in it. The various technological innovation of the motherboard delivers the latest and best possible gaming experience for you.
- The ASUS Prime Z390 – P ATX motherboard has only four SATA connectors. Also, the motherboard has only 6 holes available for case screws although the motherboard is an ATX size motherboard that generally comes with at least 9 holes.
9. GIGABYTE H370 HD3 Motherboard – Supports LGA1151/Intel/USB 3.1 Gen2
Reason To Buy: You want to get a motherboard for your i7, that can support LGA1151, Intel as well as USB 2.1 Gen2.
Features And Advantages
- The GIGABYTE H370 HD3 motherboard supports Intel i2i9V LAN. The motherboard system provides you with maximum connectivity and speed with the USB 3.1 Gen2. The Motherboard also has Dual Channel DDR4 as well as 4DIMMs. It supports USB Gen2 Type-A port and connectivity. The motherboard has been developed using years of experience by the most skilled hands to ensure the availability of the latest features that you require for as a professional gamer.
- The motherboard is equipped with Socket 1151 and supports 8th Gen Intel Core processors. It also has a 2-Way Crosswire. The motherboard is highly durable and reliable for use for your i7. It is mainly known for its stable nature and trustworthy features. The motherboard is also equipped with the latest and highly advanced sound quality features enabling you to get studio-grade sound quality. The motherboard has been designed mainly for gamers as well as professional multimedia users and workers and has therefore been equipped with high-quality network solutions that are ready to serve you 24 hours a week with the facilities of transferring large files and data.
- The USB 3.1 Gen2 port is in the front panel of the motherboard that makes it easy to find and use. Also, there are more than enough lighting options that can give you realistic lighting features for your games. The motherboard also has a very familiar and user-friendly BIOS design. This motherboard is a very good choice for people who want to set up their i7 setup for themselves.
- The GIGABYTE H370 HD3 motherboard allows recognition of only 32 GB during the first installation of the operating system. Also, the motherboard consists of 4 SATA Cables and six native SATA ports.
10. GIGABYTE Z390 UD Gaming Motherboard – Gaming Motherboard With Realtek ALC887/Realtek 8118
Reason To Buy: You want to buy a Professional Gaming Motherboard that gives you amazing sound quality features and sound settings options that can provide you with super high sound quality.
Features And Advantages
- The GIGABYTE Z390 UD Gaming motherboard is a highly professional motherboard that has been precisely designed and developed for playing high-quality and high-versions of different games that require a professional motherboard with high sound quality features. The motherboard is equipped with Realtek ALC887 and Realtek 8118 Gaming LAN that provides you with high-profile gaming features and awesome gaming experience. The motherboard also has many tuning options that provide you with excellent sound quality while gaming.
- The motherboard supports both 8th as well as 9th generation versions of Intel Core Processors. This facility gives you options to install any of the Intel Core Processors, whichever you find suitable for your i7. The motherboard lays a solid system for your powerhouse of your i7. It has up to eight cores with many connection slots that allow you to get multiple connections at the same time. Now, you can take advantage of the latest components and peripherals of the motherboard system to get the kind of enjoyment and excitement you desire while playing high profile and professional games.
- The Dual Channel Non-ECC Un-buffered DDR4, 4DDIMs along with the newly assigned 10+2 Phases Digital PWM Design makes the motherboard very reliable and highly efficient. The motherboard is equipped with the Nyme PCIe Gen3 x4 22110 M.2 Connector that provides you with a high connectivity facility. Also, the Multi-way Graphics Support with PCLe Armor and the Ultra Durable Design gives the motherboard a professional look and feel. The motherboard is equipped with a steel armor that protects against any kind of outward damage to the motherboard parts.
- The motherboard supports RGB Light Strip in full vibrant colors. Also, the Lightning-fast Intel Thunderbolt 3 AIC support along with the Smart Fan 5 that features Multiple temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP, help in the cooling of the entire motherboard system and provides you with the availability to enjoy gaming for a long time.
- The Gigabyte Exclusive 8118 Gaming LAN provides you with the facility of bandwidth management. The motherboard is very user-friendly and easy to install. It also gives a blazing performance with i5-9600k and Gskill 3200 RAM. The motherboard also has an on-board LED and can handle the new version of 9th Gen Intel Core Processors right out of the box.
- The GIGABYTE Z390 UD Gaming motherboard has no front panel for USB Gen2. Also, the motherboard requires a fan near the CPU socket for the hot voltage regulator.
Why You Should Get The Best Motherboard For i7?
The motherboard acts as the central as well as the most important part of a processor of an i7 or any other device. It is the central circuit of a processor device that connects the various parts and peripherals of an i7 system. Without a motherboard, the regulation of power that is received by the graphics card, and hard drive and CPU and also the system memory will be impossible. PC hardware and technology device lovers know the value of a motherboard and always suggest computer owners get the best motherboard for their system. Motherboards are now easily available in the market and many of the beat motherboards lie within the budget of their customers as well. If you want to get a motherboard for your i7, you should check out the best motherboard for your i7.
Why You Should Not Get Any Cheap Motherboard?
If you want to get a motherboard for your i7, you should never settle down for a cheap motherboard just by looking at your low budget. Cheap motherboards generally have small towers or mini-towers along with small cases. Also, it is quite difficult to put them inside your CPU right in place so that in the long run it does not create any kind of malfunction due to placement issues. Most i7 that supports a particular form of motherboards may not support any kind or form of motherboards that are low in cost. Also, the cheap motherboards generally have fewer slots and connectivity speeds that do not provide you with the facilities of professional gaming that you can achieve by installing the high budget motherboards in your systems.
Therefore, it is very clear that, for getting an i7 system that will support all the gaming and high sound quality features that you desire, it is always recommended to choose a motherboard that is slightly pricier – simply because of all these features come at a higher price tag. But the best thing is that it will also ensure that you do not have to buy another motherboard after a few days – so you will save unnecessary expenses in the long run too!